Rugby teaches many life skills such as tolerance, respect and sportsmanship. Shannon R.F.C. embodies these qualities among all of its members, especially among it's youth and underage players. Success on the field is important but it is paramount that the club supports all of it's members in their personal development and in realising their full potential as responsible and engaged citizens.
The club is ambitious to maintain its proud record of producing International and Provincial players and every weekend over 400 boys and girls play at our club's training facility in Coonagh. It.It is a major financial challenge to meet the commitments required and the club has been fortunate enjoy the goodwill of various sponsors and members who have supported us over the years.
Despite its record of success at the highest national levels, Shannon R.F.C. is still very much rooted in the community. the annual task of running the club and it's facilities is growing. With Shannon R.F.C., all of our sponsors are very important and can be associated with one of the games leading rugby brands in several ways, ensuring any association with the club is acknowledged appropriately.
Interested parties are invited to team up with Shannon R.F.C. and to progress a corporate association package with the club.
What we can offer:
- The corporate brand or logo features prominently on all club jerseys from senior level to underage.
- The corporate logo can be places prominently throughout the main clubhouse at Thomond Park.
- Pitch-side signage at our training grounds at Coonagh and for the back pitch at Thomond Park for AIL games.
- Acknowledgement of your support at all club promoted events.
- Access to a large volunteer corps of club members adn supporters to support specific corporate events and special product promotion on big match days at Thomond Park.
- The corporate logo and brand can be included in all club generated apparel and material.
- Corporate partners may avail of club facilities such as the main clubhouse and playing pitches for corporate purposes such as product launches, special promotions, staff function, award nights, social fundraisers or entertainments.
- Well known club personalities such as former internationals and Munster legends can be available to support corporate events.
- Access to tickets for major rugby games such as Internationals and Heineken matches.
- Corporate tables in the clubhouse in Thomond Park for pre-home games.
- Brand and logo integrated into all Shannon RFC press releases and publicity.
Why we need support:
- Running a leading club of our size requires significant finance.
- The advent of professional rugby has increased pressure on resources for community based clubs.
- The club has initiated a 5 year programme aimed at development of the next generation of Shannon players.
- Catering for large numbers of players we need to develop our grounds and facilities to make them fit for purpose in the 21st century.
- Shannon has been a part of the sporting and rugby fabric of Limerick since 1884.
- The club needs to keep pace with the development of other clubs and codes.
- The club needs to build on this record of achievement and ensure a sound financial base for the future.